There aren't many open source AGS games, but I discovered that by hacking away at the code I've been able to get Andrew 'SSH' MacCormack's Pixel Hunt updated to the current version of AGS (most likely breaking a whole bunch of things in the process - I'm no AGS expert). An up to date source code meant that it became the third AGS game to get the XAGE conversion treatment. Running under AGS vs XAGE:
As you can see above, I've finally started making some progress rewriting XAGE's GUI system as I want this completed before realeasing T4w. The AGS GUI Buttons are more or less displaying correctly on the screen, though they don't do much else at the moment. Notable differences:
- Dynamic Cursor not yet implemented (top).
- VerbCoint not yet implemented (sitting happily in the top left hand corner).
- Pixel Car missing (centre, most likely a scripting inconsistency).
- GUI Labels not yet implemented (bottom left, 'SSH Productions' etc).
- New inventory system not yet implemented (bottom middle, white gfx card).
- GUI Button Text not using correct colours (bottom right - not yet sure where to find this in AGS Editor) .
Disclaimer: There's the tiniest sliver of nepotism in this post as SSH runs the AGS Blog and occasionally says some rather nice things about the XAGE project. There was also a very positive plug on xnPlay a few weeks back. All PR help is appreciated! Likewise, any developers with AGS source code they don't mind sharing - please get in touch. The more I get my hands on the more the conversion process improves.