- Scripting is now handled in pure C# rather than an XML-based scripting language. Protobuild is used to synchronise XAGE Editor with automatically created Visual Studio solutions.
- On Windows, the dependencies on Microsoft .NET and XNA have been removed by using mono & Ethan Lee's Monogame fork, FNA, along with cygwin & mkbundle to produce a standalone executable.
- Pathfinding is much improved with the old walkboxes replaced with floor polygons.
- There are now three interchangeable input methods - mouse, controller & touch.
- The new SDL2-based backend allows for fully resizable windows and different scaling modes.
The Awakener UI has also been tweaked to incorporate some lessons learnt with Ortis. Try for yourself:
I've also uploaded a short youtube video to showcase some of the above features: http://youtu.be/enFbfhqluJU (ProTip: Don't record videos at 1AM with a poor quality headset).